You are having a get-together at home, the guests are about to reach and everything is set, the dinner, the snacks, music, lighting, etc., and then you smell your dog. You don’t have the time to give him/her a bath, what to do? Here is where dry shampoo comes in very handy.
Also, puppies cannot be given a bath until they are more than 3 months old. But that doesn't mean they don't get dirty. If you have a puppy, you know how clumsy that cutie can be, and cleaning him/her with tissues can be a hassle. Dry bath is the most recommended and effective option for puppies and you can use a dry shampoo to do the required. Just use the dry shampoo and brush the puppy's coat.
What is dry shampoo?
Dry shampoo is a cleansing product that can be used as an alternative to a bath. It basically does the job of a bath without the water. It absorbs excess sebum, removes dirt, and has a deodorizing effect which helps eliminate any kind of odor.
Types of dry shampoos
There are different kinds of dry shampoos, such as-
The foaming ones are used to remove any adhered muck and dirt by gently massaging against the direction of hair growth. Finish it off by drying with a towel. Foaming dry shampoos are most suitable for when you have to nicely clean the coat of the dog.
Then there are spray and aerosol products. You can also find spray dry shampoos for humans. Sprays are much convenient to use unless your dog is afraid of them. You can just spray your dog’s coat and then comb it through. It's best for the basic cleansing of the dog and to eliminate odor.
(PC: Go Dog Nashville)
- Powder cleansers are also available, but they have the disadvantage of whitening the fur. Which is why they are not very common. After application, thorough brushing is required to eliminate the excess powder and dirt.
- Wipes: One of the most convenient ways to dry shampoo your pooch's fur is by using pet wipes. All you need to do is to rub the wet wipe on the dog's fur, and unlike a hair brush or spray, it's extremely easy to get into the nooks and crannies of the dog's body while using wipes. Wipes are easier to carry while travelling as the possibility of it getting leaked or damaged is zero.
Dry shampoo is useful in situations where it is not possible for you to get your pet wet, such as after surgery for example. It can also be used in various other situations, like-
- when you are away from home, like on a holiday or something,
- when you are traveling with your fur buddy
- when some minor accident has occurred, such as your dog vomited or peed on himself,
- your doggo got dirty after a walk or after visiting the dog park,
- your pooch does not like water
- when you want to groom your elderly pet
- suitable for puppies as they cannot be bathed till 3 months
Using a dry shampoo can be very convenient and will allow you to sometimes eliminate applications of traditional shampoos which can be a cumbersome and time-taking process.
(PC: Chicago Tribune)
To sum it up-
Dry shampoo is very practical and quick to use products, it makes the cleansing time a relaxing and enjoyable experience for your pet and they don’t even get bored.
However, it should always be kept in mind that they should only be used for times when you have no alternative and want a quick cleansing. And they should not be used as a complete substitute for traditional cleansing with a regular shampoo. Adding to it, dry shampoos are better-suited for small dogs than large dogs.
We, at the Petstreet store, have a wide range of dry shampoos. You can check them out here and if you have any queries, feel free to ask us. We will try our best to guide you to a suited product for your doggo, and you can too enjoy the bliss of a dry shampoo that instantly makes your doggo clean and fresh smelling.
0 comments. Write a comment
Empty content. Please select category to preview
About the Writer
Nandini is a Delhi-based freelance Writer. She has been working as a creative Writer and Copy Writer eversince she was in college. Her ultimate goal is to become a Journalist. She is a foodie and a dog enthusiast.